[Development] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 13.12.2022
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Dec 14 07:20:45 CET 2022
Qt 6.5 status
- Qt 6.5 Feature Freeze in effect
- Branching from 'dev' to '6.5' done
- Beta1 preparations started
* Target is to release beta1 immediately after submodule update succeed in '6.5'
** Hoping that can happen still before Christmas
- API change review will be started later this week
Qt 6.4 status
- Qt 6.4.2 release content frozen and package creation ongoing
- Unfortunately we won't be able to release Qt 6.4.2 Wed 14th Dec as planned
* Let's see if we can release Qt 6.4.2 still before Christmas or do we need to postpone it to the beginning of January 2023
Next meeting Tue 3th January 2023 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[16:56:15] * Channel #qt-releases created on 2021-05-20 06:21:36 UTC
[17:00:19] <jaheikki3_> akseli: alblasch: carewolf: frkleint: mapaaso:The-Compiler: thiago: vohi: ping
[17:01:10] <thiago> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:01:25] <jaheikki3_> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:30] <jaheikki3_> On agenda today:
[17:01:35] <jaheikki3_> Qt 6.5 status
[17:01:39] <jaheikki3_> Qt 6.4 status
[17:01:47] <jaheikki3_> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:02:09] <carewolf_home> pong
[17:02:44] <jaheikki3_> Ok, let's start from Qt 6.5 status
[17:03:05] <jaheikki3_> Qt 6.5 Feature Freeze is in effect now
[17:03:07] <frkleint> jaheikki3_: ping
[17:03:10] <thiago> is the branch created?
[17:03:28] <jaheikki3_> Yes, '6.5' is branched from the 'dev'
[17:03:58] <jaheikki3_> Beta1 preparations are already started
[17:04:45] <jaheikki3_> The target is to release Qt 6.5 Beta1 after submodule update succeed in '6.5' & we are able to create and test beta1 packages
[17:05:02] <jaheikki3_> I am hoping all that can happen still before Christmas
[17:05:23] <jaheikki3_> Qt 6.5 API change review will be started later this week
[17:05:51] <jaheikki3_> That's all what I have for Qt 6.5 at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:06:12] <carewolf_home> no
[17:06:37] <jaheikki3_> Ok, then Qt 6.4 status
[17:07:09] <jaheikki3_> Qt 6.4.2 release content frozen and package creation ongoing
[17:07:41] <jaheikki3_> We were planning to release Qt 6.4.2 Wed 14th December but that won't happen
[17:08:49] <carewolf_home> what is the new date then? and what needs to be fixed
[17:09:03] <jaheikki3_> There is some issues with our test environment and so on it isn't sure when we can get all packages tested
[17:09:37] <jaheikki3_> Fixing is ongoing but I am not sure if we can get the release out before christmas or not
[17:10:29] <jaheikki3_> We are trying that but if we can't then we will release Qt 6.4.2 at the beginning of January; we won't release anything between christmas and new year
[17:11:37] <jaheikki3_> That's all about Qt 6.4 status. Any more comments or questions?
[17:12:11] <carewolf_home> if gets delayed can we merge new security fixes to the 6.4 branch?
[17:13:10] <jaheikki3_> carewolf_home: If the release gets delayed we can do it. and I think you mean 6.4.2 branch?
[17:13:21] <carewolf_home> yes
[17:13:56] <jaheikki3_> Ok, let's check that a bit later when we know more
[17:14:48] <jaheikki3_> It was all at this time. I can't join next tue so let's have next meeting Tue 3rd January 2023 at this same time
[17:15:11] <thiago> happy holidays and happy new year everyone
[17:15:15] <jaheikki3_> So merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2023,
[17:15:26] <vohi> thank you all for many good releases in 2022! Enjoy the break and see you in 2023 :)
[17:15:42] <frkleint> thank you, the same to you
[17:16:03] <jaheikki3_> Thanks for your participation. See you in 2023, bye!
[17:16:55] <carewolf_home> you too
More information about the Development