[Development] Requesting Feature Freeze exception for provisioning FFmpeg for Android

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Dec 14 16:11:22 CET 2022

On Wednesday, 14 December 2022 07:07:35 -03 Samuel Raposo Vieira Mira via
Development wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following the implementation of the new FFmpeg backend for QtMultimedia,  I
> come to ask an exception for provisioning the CI with builds with FFmpeg
> for Android. This will also enable some tests for FFmpeg in Android.

> The patch in question is https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qt5/+/440853
> . It was ready a couple weeks ago but missed the deadlines because of the
> submodule update and now was updated to use a build of FFmpeg with HW
> encoding for Android.  It would be nice to start 6.5 with this feature
> already working 😊.

I don't think this needs to be under freeze, so it needs no exception in the
first place.

Adding testable configurations should be allowed at any time, as it increases
our quality. The only gotcha is that you should ensure everything passes
before you make the configuration enforced.

Changing how one of our binaries will get released is a different story, but
that's not what you're asking.