[Development] HEADS-UP: call for Qt 6.3 API review

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at qt.io
Tue Feb 1 15:47:48 CET 2022

Hi,

There were still several modules unreviewed, and quite some with issues
found (there are a few more now) which appear unfixed (link in the
review to the fix, please).

Since the hit rate was so high, I also went through the already-appoved
ones, and bingo, found the addition of a virtual function, approved now
for the second time (first when merged, now in review).

Please restrain from giving a +2 on the API reviews if you have not read
and understood
https://community.kde.org/Policies/Binary_Compatibility_Issues_With_C%2B%2B#The_Do.27s_and_Don.27ts
first.

I sure hope we didn't miss something like that in 6.2's review (and if
we did, we now know how our users value the BC guarantee :)

Thanks,
Marc