[Development] Requesting forward BC exception for QtWaylandCompositor in 6.2 and 5.15

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Feb 16 09:53:41 CET 2022

El dimarts, 15 de febrer de 2022, a les 19:58:05 (CET), Andreas Aardal Hanssen va escriure:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2022, at 19:46, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 15 February 2022 09:34:35 PST Marc Mutz wrote:
> > > 6.2 is an LTS release, is it not?
> >
> > Not from my point of view, it isn't.
>
> *cough* *cough*
>
> Can this be commented officially by the chief maintainer?

Not the chief maintainer but it should be relatively trivial to understand that The Qt Project does not do LTS releases, The Qt Company has a soft fork of some branches that they call LTS releases. [1]

People belonging to The Qt Project (like Thiago, me and countless others) but not to the The Qt Company can't contribute to that so called "LTS release" soft-fork [2].

Cheers,
  Albert

P.S: Let me be clear even if this should be obvious, this is *my* opinion not any of the multiple groups I may be associated with either by being a volunteer in their organizations or by being a past, present or future employee.

[1] I'm not disagreeing with their right to do so.

[2]: Before you say "you could if you sign a few more NDAs and stuff", realize that by saying that you would be agreeing that normal The Qt Project people can't contribute to those LTS releases and only those that sign extra papers can.