[Development] Qt Compilation Speed

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Mon Jan 10 16:28:11 CET 2022

Thiago Macieira (3 January 2022 15:10) wrote
[Referring back to unity builds.]
> Anyway, while this is great for reducing the number of build files,
> it's not a complete solution. It does point to one simple thing we
> should all do: includemoc. I think I've kept QtCore this way: all .cpp
> #include their headers' moc output. This not only good for build time,
> it enables some extra warnings by Clang when it sees the entire
> implementation of a given class.

Presumably we have a tool - automoc ? - that scans our source to
determine which headers need to be moc'd and which resulting moc output
isn't already #include-ed, so needs separate compilation.  We can surely
adapt that tool to (when a suitable option is passed) produce a warning
when such separate compilation is needed, advising us to do the #include
instead.

	Eddy.