[Development] Updating x86 SIMD support in Qt

Rui Oliveira ruilvo at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:11:24 CET 2022

Hey,

Since Qt has its own Conan/Artifactory setup
<https://www.qt.io/blog/installing-qt-via-conan-package-manager>, maybe
it would be viable to have some different SIMD setups available as
options for the Qt package?

This would require Conan as a dependency, of course. On most systems
that means Python (Conan 1.x supports py2 still, the upcoming Conan 2.0
with all its breaking changes will require py3, iirc), but on Windows
they have .exe versions available <https://conan.io/downloads.html>.

I think this would have little impact in the overall build process.
`conan install qt <options>` and just point your project to look for Qt
in ~/.conan... With Qt Creator should be just creating a new kit. If the
Windows installer for Qt helped with this, even better.

Rui