[Development] Proposal to delete the "Maintainers" group in gerrit

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Fri Jul 1 12:55:38 CEST 2022

> On 30 Jun 2022, at 08:32, Alex Blasche <alexander.blasche at qt.io> wrote:

There might be value in having a better review process for modifications to the authoritative maintainer list (I believe anyone with a Qt account can edit the wiki). Something version controlled via gerrit might be a good idea. Indeed, it does go a bit beyond the documented [0] purpose of QUIPs, but perhaps cranking out a new repository for a single file is also a bit "over the top".

[0] http://quips-qt-io.herokuapp.com/quip-0001.html

Anyway, that’s a bit tangential to the topic at hand. But since we are here: if anyone has additional notes from the “Ghost Maintainers” session at the recent Qt Contributors Summit, please add them to:

https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Contributors_Summit_2022_-_Program/Ghost_Maintainers

Volker