[Development] Licensing of qtbase

Felix Crazzolara felix.crazzolara at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 12:14:27 CEST 2022

Dear everyone,

I would like to use Qt for a personal project. In my project, I use a
relatively small part of Qt and I think that the components of QtBase here
https://github.com/qt/qtbase
suffice for my application.

I read about the Qt licensing model on the official website. What surprised
me now to see, is that there are quite a few licenses in the LICENSES
folder in the repository referred to above. Among them is for example an
MIT license.

How can I understand this? Is the QtBase component of Qt itself licensed
with an MIT license? Can I choose which license in the LICENSES folder to
use if I restrict myself to QtBase?

Sincerely,

Felix Crazzolara