[Development] Licensing of qtbase

Felix Crazzolara felix.crazzolara at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 12:00:33 CEST 2022

Hello everyone,

I wanted now to write some CMake code to ensure that Qt is always and
entirely linked dynamically. For that purpose, I intended to iterate
through the target properties LINK_LIBRARIES and INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES
of Qt5::Widgets or Qt6::Widgets and check that all dependencies resolve to
shared libraries eventually.

I have now two questions. First, is there some existing code in the Qt code
base that does what I want already?

Secondly, I noticed that an interface dependency of Qt6::Widgets is
Qt6::CoreQt6::Gui and if I check whether Qt6::CoreQt6::Gui is a target with
"if (TARGET Qt::CoreQt6::Gui)", it turns out that it is not. This confused
me since it doesn't seem like a valid library name to me. How can I resolve
Qt6::CoreQt6::Gui to an absolute file path?

Best regards,

Felix Crazzolara