[Development] Code Review of Build File Changes

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jul 21 17:23:25 CEST 2022

On Thursday, 21 July 2022 00:54:28 PDT Volker Hilsheimer wrote:
> These would be observable, quantifiable measurements. And if one of the
> reason for those measurements is “there are very few people who can review
> build system changes”, then that’s a qualitative statement, getting to
> which seems to be why Mattie is asking for people to sign up.

Assuming the hypothesis is true, that might be one of the reasons. I
personally only make changes after having talked to Alexnadru on IRC, so by
the time he reviews it, it's already what he wanted. If he's not available, I
ask in #cmake on Slack.

My argument is that I don't think the hypothesis is true or at least it's not
proven. Just because there was no discussion on Gerrit does not mean there was
no discussion.