[Development] Updates on Qt Location

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jul 22 23:19:27 CEST 2022

Volker Hilsheimer wrote:
> - we make Qt Location available as versions that works with Qt 6 LTS
> releases (ie we’ll have something that works with Qt 6.2, but won’t spend
> time on making something that is tested against 6.3 or 6.4).

IMHO, as long as Qt LTS keeps abusing that loophole in the KDE Free Qt
Foundation contract, this is not acceptable.

Free Software / Open Source users and distributors (e.g., GNU/Linux
distributions) of Qt are essentially forced to upgrade to the non-LTS
versions, so any module / add-on / external library that only works with LTS
releases is useless for us.

        Kevin Kofler