[Development] Chief Maintainer election

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Thu Jun 2 11:46:45 CEST 2022

Hi all,

The nomination period for the Qt Chief Maintainer election ended yesterday night.

I’m very happy to say that we have two excellent candidates for the position with Allan and Volker. Both have been working with Qt for many years and know it extremely well. I am certain that whoever of the two will get elected will be doing a very good job, so I know already now that Qt will be in very good hands moving forward.

But since not all of you might know Volker and Allan very well, I’ve asked them to send an email presenting themselves and what they consider important for Qt and the role of the Chief Maintainer moving forward. So you will get a bit more of an impression from them during the day.

Elections will run from 3rd of June (starting at midnight CEST), until the end of the 16th of June (23:59 CEST). Everybody that is part of the Maintainer group on Gerrit (https://codereview.qt-project.org/admin/groups/a60ed457f6e3833c81023c72743ba73c7e23fb09,members) is eligible to cast a vote.

Daniel will follow up with more details on how to cast your vote a bit later today.

With that, I’d like to wish both candidates good luck, and am very much looking forward to see who will become our new Chief Maintainer.

Cheers,
Lars