[Development] Asking for a FF exception for ICU based QStringConverter

Alexander Akulich akulichalexander at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 21:36:25 CEST 2022

On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 10:14 PM Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> Doesn't work for libraries.

Can you explain please? I see this correspond to 5.0.0 until
QCoreApplication constructor called but I thought it would be 'better
than a leak'.
QCoreApplicationPrivate::app_compile_version is a part of QtCore, so
even if it won't work *across* the libraries, it is still available
for QStringConverter because it is a part of the same library.

> Much simpler to add an overloaded constructor
Yes. It is good that we have options.