[Development] 回复: Asking for a FF exception for ICU based QStringConverter

Zhang JiDe zccrs at live.com
Fri Jun 10 04:22:50 CEST 2022

This is a good idea, we need a similar approach also in our projects, but QCoreApplicationPrivate::app_compile_version is not perfect, it is only valid after constructing QCoreApplication, I think we should change a better way to get a valid one at any time app_compile_version. I have an idea: we provide a static library, which defines only one function: int qt_app_compile_version() { return QT_VERSION; }, this static library will not be linked by any Qt library, we will add it to the provided by QtCore In the cmake pkgconfig and qmake modules, let other libraries or applications that use Qt link it statically, so that we can always get a valid app_compile_version in Qt library self's code.