[Development] We should add support for behind background blur in QWindow?

Zhang JiDe zccrs at live.com
Wed Jun 15 11:52:32 CEST 2022

Hi, I remembrer the QtWS22 mention "Modernize styles". In the modernize style, more and more platforms have begun to support adding blurred areas to windows. Although the specific blurring effects are different, but they have similar behaviors and APIs, so we can add APIs to QWindow to allow them to be enable. Of course, it depends on the native window system whether is supported, we can know that macos, windows 11, Linux/KDE and Linux/deepin are supported.

I created a suggestion for it: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-104321, what is your many about it? If a lot of people find it useful then I can add a patch for it.