[Development] "*|All Files" as filter for QFileDialog

Marius P nmariusp1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 02:28:09 CEST 2022

Hello,

>From what I can see, "*|All Files" does not work as filter for QFileDialog
if using the Qt file open dialog, not the KDE file open dialog. I am on
Kubuntu 22.04. The file open dialog says that I have  zero files in the
directory.
Screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AW3cMtEggfniVI0jNtR3Fx6iMBidLa-W
E.g. https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kmplayer/-/merge_requests/2
The Qt documentation says that the syntax "*|All Files"is invalid. E.g.
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qfiledialog.html#getOpenFileNames

Question: should the non KDE, Qt file open dialog support a syntax like
"*|All Files"? Or should I fix more than 12 KDE apps?

Thanks.