[Development] Proposals for changes to "Precheck" feature

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Mar 26 12:12:31 CET 2022

On Saturday, 26 March 2022 04:57:08 -03 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> yes, it should do cherry-picking like the actual integrations do. but
> that would mean work, so it wasn't done.
> (it would be nearly trivial to implement now - just use git-gpick.)

Indeed but normal integrations don't do anything. YOU have to click the stage
button yourself, in order. I wrote a script to do that for the CBOR/JSON
changes earlier in the year when they were over 20, and it took more than a
minute to run.

There are also cases when changes in the middle of a series have been
integrated, but the head and tail haven't (usually *because* the tail depends
on the head). What would the precheck do?