[Development] Leaving The Qt Company

Shawn Rutledge Shawn.Rutledge at qt.io
Wed May 18 11:54:44 CEST 2022

I was really surprised to hear that you are leaving, but it’s good that you will still be around.

It must have been an amazing experience to start a new web browser in those days.  I still think QTextDocument and its related classes and views have relevance, even though today’s browsers left them far behind.  So I hope that we can continue making them more feature-complete within the limited scope that is defined for them.  I keep wondering if we could find a small set of changes that have already been done elsewhere in the other projects, probably within the first months after one of the forks, that would make those classes just a bit more flexible without adding bloat.

Anyway, good luck in the new venture.