[Development] Leaving The Qt Company

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed May 18 21:26:38 CEST 2022

Hi Lars,

On Mittwoch, 18. Mai 2022 10:27:03 CEST Lars Knoll wrote:
> Hi all,
> Let’s take the big news first. I’ve resigned from my position at The Qt
> Company. More on that and what it means for the Qt Project further below.

> But as I’ve spent almost exactly 25 years in the Qt ecosystem, 22 of those
> working for the various companies owning Qt, I hope it’s ok if this gets a
> bit longer and I spend some paragraphs looking back into history.
> As said,
> it’s been almost exactly 25 years, since I first heard about Qt. At that
> time, I read an article in the German C’t computer magazine about a new
> Desktop project for Linux called KDE. The underlying technology being used
> was Qt. As a person that used Linux extensively during his studies, I
> immediately got interested and it didn’t take long until I started my first
> steps learning Qt. As some of you might know I got involved rather deeply
> about a year or two later, when I started the KHTML project to create a new
> HTML engine for KDE in 1998/1999.

I want to thank you very much for all the effort and the great work you have
done for KDE and Qt in all those years since the C't article (I think I read
exactly the same one and then tried Qt back then).

After such a long time is certainly a good decision to take on new challenges.
I wish you all the best, fun and excitement in your new job ! :-)

Viele Grüsse
Alex