[Development] QTBUG-95930 / QTBUG-99546 need some attention

Ilya Fedin fedin-ilja2010 at ya.ru
Thu May 19 16:32:58 CEST 2022

On Thu, 19 May 2022 14:20:05 +0000
Morten Sørvig <Morten.Sorvig at qt.io> wrote:

> Looks inconclusive to me - no clear consensus either way. (I’m also
> not sure if it's a bug - it’s just "the current behavior")
>
> However, we might be able to find a way forward: the rounding policy
> is also under user control with the QT_SCALE_FACTOR_ROUNDING_POLICY
> environment variable. So users who wants no rounding at all (even for
> apps which claim to not support fractional scale factors) can set it
> to “Passthrough” to preserve the current behavior.
>
> - Morten

It's a bug as it makes applications that clearly stated they don't
support fractional scaling render incorrectly. The only question what's
the bug: inconsistency in the QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS behavior or KDE
using wrong way to set the scaling. And the lack of consensus makes
it impossible to fix it on Qt side/report to KDE. :(

As a result, affected applciations are unusable for a long time.