[Development] QtDeclarative behaviour change affecting Qt3D

Mike Krus mike.krus at kdab.com
Mon May 30 22:45:41 CEST 2022

Hi

I’ve been investigating QTBUG-103881 for 6.4 (dev)

The test instantiates a qml scene using QQmlComponent.

The scene has some items and sets some properties. For the record, this is the scene [1]

The component is created properly (I think) and the scene is then created, but some of the setters are not called. In particular, QPickingSettings::setPickMethod(…) is not called [2]

This causes the Qt3D test to fail.

The whole thing worked fine in 6.3.  There has been no change in Qt3D in that area recently.
I believe the behaviour of QtDeclarative has changed.

Anyone have any clues of what the issue might be?

Mike

[1] https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qt3d.git/tree/tests/auto/render/raycastingjob/testscene_worldraycasting.qml
[2] https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qt3d.git/tree/src/render/frontend/qpickingsettings.h

—
Mike Krus | mike.krus at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer & Teamlead
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company
Tel: UK Office +44 1625 809908   Mobile +44 7833 491941
KDAB - The Qt Experts, C++, OpenGL Experts