[Development] Renaming quint128

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Nov 18 18:05:51 CET 2022

On Friday, 18 November 2022 03:54:46 PST Ivan Solovev via Development wrote:
> Hi Thiago,
>
> > I was working on extended integers and added qint128 and quint128 to
> > qglobal.h
> (qtypes.h)
>
> Can you provide a link to your WIP patch? I tried to search but couldn't
> find it in gerrit.

I hadn't uploaded it yet because I hadn't finished the QTextStream unit test.
Now at https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/444222

> There are also many usages in the private API, plus some helper functions
> relying on the fact that quint128 is a struct. So porting QtBluetooth to
> the new types might require a bit more than fixing two methods.

I'll introduce a backup QSixteenBytes or QUuidId128 struct or something that
mimics the structure format. This required very little change in QtBluetooth
to compile, though I'm not sure I compiled everything.

In fact, I came up with a better solution yesterday after sending this email:
move the support to QUuid. This allows us to have the new (mostly) source-
compatible API in place and simply move the existing QBluetoothUuid content to
removed_api.cpp.

> This should work, but we need to make some experiments.
> Are you planning to introduce q{u}int128 for 6.5 or for 6.6?

I'll wait for 6.6.