[Development] TSAN build of GLib+DBus+Qt 6.4 shows TSAN warnings

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Nov 23 17:38:34 CET 2022

On Wednesday, 23 November 2022 01:10:46 PST Dennis Luehring wrote:
> TSAN findings
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-108784

I was going to reply here because the issue isn't to a single Qt module,
therefore having more eyes helps. We may also need to have decisions.

However, after reviewing the findings you've posted, it looks like they're all
inside libdbus-1. As I wrote there, "we know libdbus-1 has locking problems,
which is why QtDBus is defensive and only accesses the library from a single
thread. All other threads talk to one of ours (the QDBusConnectionManager
one)".

So I've closed the issue because there's nothing we have to do or even can do.