[Development] Sub-arch optimisations (was: How qAsConst and qExchange lead to qNN)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Nov 23 20:55:01 CET 2022

On Tuesday, 22 November 2022 07:10:28 PST Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Are the changes that enable multi subarch builds already up?
> > I did not manage the find them.
>
> Not yet, only the initial clean-ups. I want to get them working first. I
> fixed the qml_register_types issue last night, now I need to figure out why
> half of QtLocation is missing.

They're now up. The qtbase one ends at
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/444969
With support at
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtdeclarative/+/444970
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtwayland/+/444971

All modules except for qt3d build and link now. qt3d failed because it has a
static configuration on whether to use SSE or AVX and of course that won't work
when we build with AVX.

abstractpickingjob.cpp:74:33: error: cannot convert ‘const Matrix4x4’ {aka
‘const Qt3DCore::Matrix4x4_SSE’} to ‘const Qt3DCore::Matrix4x4_AVX2&’

I'll fix it.