[Development] Sub-arch optimisations (was: How qAsConst and qExchange lead to qNN)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Nov 24 17:19:56 CET 2022

On Thursday, 24 November 2022 02:04:49 PST Edward Welbourne via Development
wrote:
> Thiago Macieira (23 November 2022 22:11) wrote:
> >> I'll fix it.
> >
> > That was easy. I just had to remove code to make it work.
>
> Always a satisfying solution to a problem ;^>

Well, it turns out that I spoke slightly too soon. The x86 portion was easy,
like I wrote... but it kept failing on universal macOS builds because the test
for "is this x86" kept being true. I had to redo it in a way that the code in
the library compiled even if not on x86-64 (it simply expands to empty now,
like qstring.cpp), and made the unit test not be enabled in CMake at all if
you're doing multi-arch macOS.