[Development] I am developing a wrapper of wlroots with Qt

Ilya Fedin fedin-ilja2010 at ya.ru
Tue Nov 29 12:29:31 CET 2022

On Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:14:08 +0000
JiDe Zhang <zccrs at live.com> wrote:

> Hi All, I am developing a wrapper of wlroots with Qt, it's
> https://github.com/vioken/qwlroots. Now, I have been implement a
> tinywl example use it:
> https://github.com/vioken/qwlroots/blob/main/examples/tinywl/main.cpp,
> there is a video for the example runing:
> https://github.com/vioken/qwlroots/pull/17.
>
> Using Qt signal instead of the wl_signal is interesting. In the
> future, I will combine it with the QtQuick graphics system in project
> https://github.com/vioken/waylib, allowing use qml to develop wayland
> compositor based on wlroots. Although there is already a QtWayland
> module, but wlroots is very active, maybe QtWayland can be developed
> based on wlroots in the future, I can test it for the future for
> QtWayland. If you are also interested, you can focus on this project.

Nice, hope to see it will support embedding in a QWidget as
QtWaylandCompositor lacks multiple features that degrade UX in a major
way with such use-case (QTBUG-74473, QTBUG-105589, QTBUG-107683) and
hope to see its C++ API will be better than QtWaylandCompositor's one
as implementing a simple compositor with C++ API seem to be way harder
than with the QML one.