[Development] Remaining tools in CMAKE_INSTALL_BINDIR

Jörg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at qt.io
Fri Oct 7 11:11:53 CEST 2022

On 10/6/22 21:00, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> For the tools below, please answer:
>
> 1) are they meant to be run by the user or developer, from a command-line?
>
> 2) are they equivalent to their Qt 5 version, if it exists? That is, can the
> Qt 6 tool be used where the Qt 5 one was, with Qt 5 input files if any, and
> produce output that Qt 5 will understand / operate correctly with?
>
> For anything that I could answer Yes to both or for which a "6"-suffixed copy
> exists (qmake6, qtdiag6, qtpaths6), I've already excluded from the listing.

These are user-facing, equivalent as defined by you to their Qt 5 version:
	lconvert
	lrelease
	lupdate
         qdoc (I assume that its output is usable by Qt 5)
	qmleasing

These are user-facing, not equivalent to their Qt 5 version - or there
are no Qt 5 versions:
	androiddeployqt
	qt-cmake
	qt-cmake-standalone-test
	qt-configure-module
	qml
	qmlscene
	qmllint
	qmlls
	qmlpreview
	qmlprofiler
	qmlformat
	qmltime

These are not user-facing and should not be in bin:
	qt-cmake-private
	qt-cmake-private-install.cmake (not even a tool)
	androidtestrunner
	qmltestrunner

These seem user-facing, but I cannot answer question 2:
	balsam
	balsamui
	instancer
	materialeditor