[Development] Adding CPD support to Qt print dialog

G G gaurav.gen3 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:03:04 CEST 2022

I have added CPDB support to the print dialog, and opened a pull request
here: https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/437301. It would be
great if anyone is able to review it.

To build qt with CPDB support, make sure you have CPDB frontend library:
https://github.com/openprinting/cpdb-libs and CPDB CUPS backend:
https://github.com/openprinting/cpdb-backend-cups installed. Their debian
packages are outdated, since I had to make some one time changes and
improvements to CPDB while adding support to the GTK and Qt print dialog.
Once you have both of them installed, the "configure" command should
automatically pick up on the CPDB backend and prefer it over the CUPS
backend.

For now, I have used "#if QT_CONFIG(cpdb) ... #endif"  constructs in the
UNIX print backend, and also added a CPDB Job widget, which shares the same
UI as CUPS Job widget but different implementation.

Thanks,
Gaurav