[Development] Print Screen does not work with Qt context menus

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Oct 20 18:59:18 CEST 2022

 IOn Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 4:07 PM Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

> On Thursday, 20 October 2022 00:48:33 PDT Ilya Fedin wrote:
> > I just tried to press PrtSc while having an open context menu in
> > Firefox and it's closed as soon as I pressed the key, Spectacle created
> > a screenshot without the menu
>
> You can test other global shortcuts too, like Alt+Tab or Alt+F[123]. The
> menus
> in both Firefox and in Chrome, but not in Emacs or pavucontrol, visibly
> disappear when you press the Tab or the function key.

I am using CentoOS 7.9, but the Chrome menu remains when I press Tab or the
function key. It does not disappear. This is the behaviour I would also
like to have in my Qt app. If it was an application configuration, that is
also fine. I just would like to have a way to at least opt-in even if it is
not the default behaviour. I am also interested in any workarounds at this
point.