[Development] Does QSGPlainTexture needs call setHasAlphaChannel on Vulkan renderer?

JiDe Zhang zccrs at live.com
Wed Oct 26 10:13:42 CEST 2022

Hi, I am working for wlroots with Qt. In this https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wlroots/wlroots/-/merge_requests/3538#note_1604273  patch, I am exporting some interfaces in wlroots for vulkan, and using it with QtQuick, I want to get the has_alpha value of texture, but Simon Ser thinks we shouldn't need know has_alpha value of vulkan texture.

If I don't call setHasAlphaChannel for QSGPlainTexture, and if the texture is having alpha, then I will see the wrong display effective.

So, Is it a Qt bug? Although I don't think it's a Qt bug, but I can't get has alpha of texture from wlroots in vulkan.

How should I do?