[Development] Repository request: playground/qtscrypt

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Fri Sep 2 16:15:15 CEST 2022

> On 31 Aug 2022, at 16:47, Cristián Maureira-Fredes <Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io> wrote:
>
> Hey there,
>
> I would like to request a new repository on codereview.qt-project.org
>
> Name and description: qtscrypt - Script C++ with Python
> Responsible person: Cristián Maureira-Fredes (Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io)
> Desired repository name: playground/qtscrypt
> URL of existing code: https://git.qt.io/crmaurei/qtscrypt
>
> Thanks

The discussion gives me the impression that any repository or module name is going to be confusing for people not reading the fine-print, and of what has been proposed, QtPythonScripting makes the most sense to me (in that it explicitly is not QtPythonBinding).

This will be a playground project, so the naming doesn’t need to be perfect yet. If and when it becomes a place of collaboration, perhaps the hive-mind of contributors produces the perfect name.

+1 to go ahead with QtPythonScripting as the name and repository.

Volker