[Development] Qt 6.2.6 LTS Commercial released

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:48:01 CEST 2022

Den tis 27 sep. 2022 kl 17:19 skrev Volker Hilsheimer <volker.hilsheimer at qt.io>:

> Konstantin,
>
> We have users with commercial licenses and access to those releases on this mailing list as well. And some of them contribute to Qt, and are perhaps happy to find out that a patch they might have contributed is now available to them through an official commercial package.
>
> I’m sure you can configure your email client to send all emails with subject “.*LTS Commercial released” to the bin if these announcements are irrelevant to you.

While that is true, I think the criteria for sending something to a
public mailing list should be that the mail could *potentially* be of
interest to anyone on the list, otherwise you are just spamming a
potentially large number of subscribers. It's basic netiquette.

The typical mail here is about development of Qt, and while some of
those mails may be specialized and only may not be interesting to
*everyone*, they could potentially be interesting to *anyone* (e.g.
cover some technical topic they want to learn about etc). I don't
think that can be said of commercial-only release announcement, which
are for sure only interesting to a certain subset of subscribers, so
suggest keeping them on some commercial-only list.

Elvis