[Development] Qt 6.2.6 LTS Commercial released

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 22:01:41 CEST 2022

Den tis 27 sep. 2022 kl 21:52 skrev Elvis Stansvik <elvstone at gmail.com>:

> Den tis 27 sep. 2022 kl 21:01 skrev Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>:
> >
> > On Tuesday, 27 September 2022 09:48:01 PDT Elvis Stansvik wrote:
> > > The typical mail here is about development of Qt, and while some of
> > > those mails may be specialized and only may not be interesting to
> > > *everyone*, they could potentially be interesting to *anyone* (e.g.
> > > cover some technical topic they want to learn about etc). I don't
> > > think that can be said of commercial-only release announcement, which
> > > are for sure only interesting to a certain subset of subscribers, so
> > > suggest keeping them on some commercial-only list.
> >
> > For me, what's interesting is to know the *date* of the release, because it
> > sets the 12-month timer for a new open source drop.
>
> True :)
>
> Open source code drops can be announced here, but I guess there's some
> value in knowing about the first commercial-only releases, for those
> who want to pencil in the drop date in their calendars.

I guess it's just that I can understand Konstantin's sentiment, since
it feels kind of unsolicited. When I signed up for this list, I
solicited Qt development conversations. There is a list for
announcements after all. It feels like I'm getting a newsletter I
didn't sign up for, without a way to unsubscribe without losing all
the Qt dev conversations that I do want to follow.

But if most people are OK with it, no problem. It's not a big deal.

Elvis