[Development] Failed to run configure.bat in qt/qt5 repository on Windows?

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at qt.io
Fri Aug 18 11:02:06 CEST 2023

Hi,

You almost got it. There is one more gotcha. The Qt LLVM prebuilt binaries are Release builds.
You have tried a Debug build with MSVC, which doesn't work, due to the MSVC's C++ STL which is incompatible between Debug and Release build.

Note that a MinGW build would have been fine, you don't have this issue with MinGW.

Also note that you don't have to pass the -DFEATURE_clangcpp=TRUE flag, the Qt's configuration step should do this automatically.

For best results on Windows do pass paths in CMake native format (the Unix format)  -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="C:/Program Files/libclang"

In the log file I've noticed Strawberry Perl, which is known to break things especially with MinGW builds. Make sure to pass -DCMAKE_IGNORE_PREFIX_PATH=C:/strawberry/c if you do a MinGW build.

Cheers,
Cristian