[Development] Failed to run configure.bat in qt/qt5 repository on Windows?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Aug 20 20:36:56 CEST 2023

On Sunday, 20 August 2023 07:25:57 PDT Haowei Hsu wrote:
> However, new errors showed up:
>
> [image: image.png]

Could you please stop screenshotting text?

Your images have text that is way too small and I can't copy & paste from it
to search for the string in the sources to find out what may be happening.

Anyway, it looks like you've  managed to compile qdoc, but something (I can't
tell what in your image because I can't read it) is a graphical application
and is failing to load any Qt platform plugin. That's probably because you
only tried to compile "docs", and that didn't include any of the plugins, or
at least the "minimal" plugin.

The top-level build is finicky and only supported as a convenience. It breaks
often because it's not what the CI uses. Please compile and build each module
only, unless you plan on helping fix those issues. So my suggestion is that you
stop trying to build all of Qt. Instead, build ONLY:

1) qtbase (all of it, including the plugins)
2) qttools

Once qdoc is working, you can compile the docs in the modules you want.