[Development] How to use `init-repository` properly to clean up the working tree after checking out?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Aug 21 17:25:49 CEST 2023

On Sunday, 20 August 2023 21:41:02 PDT Haowei Hsu wrote:
> The following attachment, *log-git-ls-tree.txt*, is the log that I run *`git
> ls-tree @`* command.
> Can you discern any clues from this?

No. That tells us what commit they should be in, but that's information I
already had (because I have access to those commits).

The question you must answer is why git submodule update isn't checking those
commits out for those submodules.

Anyway, why are you checking out 6.2.4 using Git? Yes, it's supposed to work
(somehow), but it doesn't seem like you've successfully completed a dev build
yet. If you wanted that release, you could download the released tarballs,
which are known to work. If you're going to contribute to 6.2, then you need
to first make your contributions to the dev branch.