[Development] How to use `init-repository` properly to clean up the working tree after checking out?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Aug 23 16:38:00 CEST 2023

On Tuesday, 22 August 2023 23:35:56 PDT Haowei Hsu wrote:
> Hello, Thiago.
>
> > No, I mean, why do you want to get Qt 6.2.4 in the first place?
>
> I didn't say that it had to be *6.2.4*. In fact, I've also tried to build
> other Qt6 releases, such as: *6.1, 6.3, 6.5*... etc.

And have you successfully built dev?

> > You're having a Git problem that happens with Qt repositories but is not
> > Qt's
> > fault. I'm not interested in exploring that Git problem. There are other
> > people and other communication media that can help you with that.
>
> Furthermore, what I don't quite understand is, if you're not interested in
> the issue I raised,
> then you could simply ignore it, right? Why bother specifically telling me:
> "I'm not interested in your issue"? 🤔

I'm not interested in the Git side of the issue. I'd still like to help you
with your problem, but I'm drawing a blank on what you're trying to achieve in
the first place.

There's a difference between your objectives and what you're asking. One is
what you want to accomplish; the other is how you think you can accomplish
that.