[Development] QtFluentMQ

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Aug 25 18:01:41 CEST 2023

On Friday, 25 August 2023 00:17:08 PDT Vladimir Minenko via Development wrote:
> Hello  team fluentmq,
>

> > We would need you guys to confirm that you'd have the ressource model and
> > the benefit to integrate the module to the commercial offer
>
> I do not quite understand who exactly you expect to confirm and what you
> mean with "ressource model”.

If there's no commercial interest and there are no resources to support such
an offering, then just don't include it in your commercial offer in the first
place. Admittance into the Qt Project does not and cannot depend on there
being a commercial value and sufficient employee capacity. In fact, it would be
good for you to have a couple of open source-only releases or commercial
technical previews to assess the interest of your customer base (and ditto for
any other companies participating in the Qt Project ecosystem).

What should matter is the quality of the code, the commitment of a group of
developers to develop it for the medium and long term, adherence to Qt Project
principles of governance. And since it will use resources of the CI, which is
provided by and paid for by the Qt Company, whether that can be supported too.