[Development] QtFluentMQ

Ulf Hermann ulf.hermann at qt.io
Sat Aug 26 10:09:59 CEST 2023

Hi,

The usual way to request a repository, playground or not, is a mail like
this:

https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2022-August/042900.html

If the request is not totally outlandish it's usually granted, possibly
after some bike shedding over the name and location.

AFAIR we haven't bike shedded over the commercial value of a new
repository, the architecture of the code it shall hold, or its licensing
before. I don't think we need to.

You should fill in at least the basic information, though: name and
description, responsible person, and desired location.

At least sometimes, we have used the lazy consensus mechanism for
repository requests in the past. This seems a good idea to me. I will +1
this one if the (still missing) basics are reasonable.

We can still discuss the way to integrate with the rest of Qt once we
can see some code.

best regards,
Ulf Hermann