[Development] CMake UNITY_BUILD ( QTBUG-109394 )

Friedemann Kleint Friedemann.Kleint at qt.io
Tue Feb 14 08:15:46 CET 2023

Hi,

quick status update: I think the major part of source code changes is
done, few changes are still in the works or waiting for review. Thanks
for the reviews and proposals. I think most changes were actually for
the better and quite some cruft and duplication was unearthed. We are
hoping to get it all in + a change adding an option to configure so that
it can be used.

I am now able to build Qt (qtbase/qtdeclarative and additional modules)
in 10min (home-office), whereas before, qtdeclarative alone would have
taken longer than that. This shows the potential; also for the projects
depending on us in terms of server load, time and energy consumption.

Regards, Friedemann

--
Friedemann Kleint
The Qt Company GmbH