[Development] Jira update on 3rd Janaury 2023

Alex Blasche alexander.blasche at qt.io
Tue Jan 3 13:53:04 CET 2023

Hi André,

>_______________________________________
>From: André Hartmann <aha_1980 at gmx.de>

>it seems I now have gray "Edit" and "Delete" buttons below every Jira
>report comment. I think that was a pen at the right top of every comment
>in the old version.

>Was this change intentional?

I must assume this was intentional by Atlassian. I did a quick search for a UI option to revert it but could not find a way. It is indeed a bit too much in the face.

>Any chance to revert this to the old behavior (maybe a setting)?

There is no UI setting I know of but there is a permission mis-configuration here. IMO everybody should only be able to modify their own comments.  This permission should only go to a selected group. While the issue log tracks all changes it could lead to a situation where one user "puts words into the mouth of another". I rectified it by adjusting the permission scheme.

So yes, I reverted the behavior but maybe not in the sense you expected ;)

--
Alex