[Development] Qt 5.12.12 branches disappeared from code.qt.io?

Samuli Piippo samuli.piippo at qt.io
Fri Jan 13 08:03:27 CET 2023

Using tags for the yocto builds is not going to help, since the way bitbake tries to validate the SHA1s that are already being used in the meta-qt5 and meta-qt6 recipes.

Instead, you can add
  QT_MODULE_BRANCH_PARAM:append = ";nobranch=1"
somewhere in your own configs.
This tells bitbake to stop the validation [1].

We've included the same workaround [2] for all active meta-qt6 branches so that this won't happen with the future releases.

-samuli

[1] https://docs.yoctoproject.org/migration-guides/migration-1.6.html?highlight=nobranch#matching-branch-requirement-for-git-fetching
[2] https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/yocto/meta-qt6/+/447775