[Development] CMake UNITY_BUILD ( QTBUG-109394 )

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jan 17 17:19:09 CET 2023

On Tuesday, 17 January 2023 01:44:09 PST Shawn Rutledge via Development wrote:
> Any trouble with icecream after this?

I think you need to measure to see if it's worth it. My gut feeling is that it
isn't for a large cluster. The amount of preprocessing work will drop, but it
might not be meaningful. However, the data transfer will increase, both in the
sending of preprocessed sources (which compress well) and the resulting binary
objects (which don't).

Then there's cluster utilisation: if the number of jumbo files is smaller than
the number of job slots available, you're underutilising your cluster.