[Development] New Qt example development guideline and revamping examples

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Wed Jan 18 13:05:32 CET 2023

Hi,

Yes, intention is to improve also the application / project examples in qtdoc repo. In addition to the Qt 6 best practices, these could also get a bit of visual or functionality polish. Problematic or unnecessary existing examples could be removed. Intention is also to adjust how the examples are categorized and thus provide these ones more towards the user (e.g. top of the Creator welcome page). Some selected examples from other repos could be moved to qtdoc and extended.

See: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-108751 for planning related to the qtdoc examples.

Note that while qtdoc has these example apps under ‘examples/demos’ folder, they are still in principle examples of how to use Qt to make an application.

Yours,

                Tuukka