[Development] Qt TextToSpeech: Adding dependency to Qt Multimedia - ok?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Jan 23 14:55:50 CET 2023

Volker Hilsheimer via Development wrote:
> The question is whether this is a significant problem in practice. On
> Linux distributions, we can probably assume that Qt Multimedia is present
> if Qt TextToSpeech is present.

On almost all distributions (all those that do dependency tracking, which is
almost all, with the notable exception of Slackware), if you upgrade Qt
TextToSpeech to a version that requires and is linked to Qt Multimedia, it
will automatically install Qt Multimedia as a dependency if it was not
already installed (or upgrade it to the required version if it was installed
in an older version).

        Kevin Kofler