[Development] Enorcing QT_SKIP_AUTO_[QML_]PLUGIN_INCLUSION

Alexandru Croitor alexandru.croitor at qt.io
Mon Jul 3 17:03:11 CEST 2023

> On 3. Jul 2023, at 16:50, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <perezmeyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> El lunes, 3 de julio de 2023 11:47:44 -03 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer escribió:
> [snip]
>> So far it has worked, but of course I'll have more feedback later on :-)
>

> I just built 5.6.1 as shared libraries and all the ".a" files created are libraries and not plugins

Qt 5.6-5.15 don't ship static plugins when doing a shared Qt build. That's a new addition in Qt 6.

An example of an always static plugin is the darwin permissions plugin, but that's not relevant for linux. More might be added in the future.

> (the file you mentioned is not even there). So far that's just safe.

The files I mentioned were just hypothetical examples, they don't exist yet. Although they did exist as a proof of concept WIP change on Gerrit.