[Development] Execute a function in the specified existing thread

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jun 9 02:00:24 CEST 2023

On Wednesday, 7 June 2023 19:18:02 PDT JiDe Zhang wrote:
> > please make sure your contribution uses QMetaCallEvent.
>
> Why uses QMetaCallEvent? I don't know how to make the function arguments to
> void** for QMetaCallEvent constructor. Maybe I can use
> QAbstractMetaCallEvent.

My point is that a contribution to QtCore should use the most efficient method
of getting the job done without undue complexity. That means I can accept
inefficiencies provided they make the code more readable & maintainable than
otherwise would have been, but not if they aren't justified.

> I have a question, I don't know the contribution is applicable in
> QtConcurrent, or I should add it at another place, Do you think?

You described a feature for QtCore. I don't see why you'd write it in
QtConcurrent. Maybe it belongs in both: an enabling, lower-level and coarser
API in QtCore, with a higher level in QtConcurrent.