[Development] QTBUG-111740 - MIPS DSP or DSPv2 verification needed

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Mar 5 18:36:55 CET 2023

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-111740

The reporter is saying that the QString::fromLatin1 function generates corrupt
translation when the 8-bit char input is not aligned to 2 bytes (which it
doesn't have to be, it's char).

I don't expect anyone to be able to review and fix the MIPS DSP / DSPv2 code,
so the only option here is to disable and delete it, making MIPS use the
compiler-generated translation only. But I'd like to get a confirmation from
someone who can. I think I see a QEMU MIPS stage in COIN, but please note that
DSP and DSPv2 code might be different, so both need to be tested.

In 2 weeks time, I'll disable the DSP version that didn't get a fix or "cannot
reproduce".