[Development] libQt6Core.so links against both libpcre.so.3 and libpcre2-16.so.0

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at qt.io
Wed Mar 8 11:16:08 CET 2023

Hi,

Did my first conscious ldd on QtCore todays and just found it curious
that it linked against pcre and pcre2-16.

Digging, I found that the pcre dep gets dragged in by glib-2.0:

   objdump -p /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0 | grep NEEDED
     NEEDED               libpcre.so.3
     NEEDED               libpthread.so.0
     NEEDED               libc.so.6

I assume they live in different "namespaces" and so it's ok to link both?

Thanks,
Marc

--
Marc Mutz <marc.mutz at qt.io>
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company
Erich-Thilo-Str. 10 12489
Berlin, Germany
www.qt.io

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Jouni Lintunen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin,
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
HRB 144331 B