[Development] Thread anchor: Discussion of header review improvements

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Tue May 2 10:57:47 CEST 2023

Hi,

With Qt 6.5 out for a while already, and roughly a month to go until Qt 6.6 feature freeze and the start of the various activities that lead up to the release, it’s perhaps not too early to review some of the pain points we experienced with 6.5, and discuss how we can improve.

In particular, the header review was particularly laborious this time around, and I would like to see what we can do to make it less so next time around.

This email is the anchor for various topics. I’ll start with a few threads with things that I remember and feel could be improved. If you have something new, please start a new thread in reply to this email, and if you have anything to add to existing threads, please comment.

Cheers,
Volker